Who Protects You and Your Property?
Boulder Rural Fire Rescue is a full-service emergency services provider in portions of western, northern and eastern unincorporated Boulder County.
We are a Fire Rescue Department with 17 full-time career firefighters and 25 fully certified volunteer firefighters.
If you call 9-1-1 in an emergency you can expect help from a Fire Captain, a Paramedic and 2 certified and trained Firefighter/EMT’s (Emergency Medical Technicians) on the fire truck along with AMR 12 ambulance with one AMR Paramedic and one Boulder Rural Fire EMT.
We carry cardiac, pain management and other advanced medications on our engine. With Paramedics on the engine and the ambulance, you get the best pre-hospital care possible.
What is Included in Your Fire Protection?
For structural fire fighting, we respond with fire trucks using compressed air foam (30% air, 70% water and soap), which is more efficient and effective to use than water. It also causes less water damage to the structure. Boulder Rural has unique wildland firefighting equipment. We can respond quickly and effectively to hazardous material emergencies, and provide a variety of special rescue services.
Our numerous FREE public service activities include…
- School educational programs
- Child car seat inspections & installations
- CPR classes
- Fire Station Storytime
- Fire station tours & home visits
- Community social events
- HOA activities
- Use of various meeting rooms at our facility
We also have an Annual Open House each spring and Spaghetti Dinner in the fall.
Additional Interesting Facts about Boulder Rural:
- Boulder Rural Fire Rescue (BRFR) is responsible for approximately 25 square miles
- Residents in BRFR = 17,000
- Calls per year = approx. 900
- Boulder Rural’s first engine arrives within 8 minutes and 58 seconds, 90% of the time. This compares favorably to the national standard of 10 minutes, 90% of the time.
Station 1 is always open. Stop by to meet us and take a tour!